People have a common notion that when you remodel or renovate your home, you need to spend huge amount of cash. While it is true that you will inevitably spend, you can minimize costs when you know what you are doing. A good start is knowing where to make changes in your home, how to go about it and where to get remodeling ideas for free without the need to hire a professional. There are various home remodeling ideas that you can get from magazines as well as the Internet. You just have to know where to look. To get you started, below are perfect remodeling ideas that you can apply to your own home sweet home.
Kitchen Remodeling Ideas
A lot of homeowners will agree that the kitchen is one of the major parts of a home. Also, it is mostly used and is prone to daily wear and tear that it is often a recipient of renovations and changes. If you are thinking of giving your kitchen a makeover, here are remodeling kitchen ideas that you can follow:
• One instant remodeling idea for your kitchen is to update and/or change your kitchen appliances. Old appliances will also make your kitchen look old and outdated. Make your kitchen stylish and modern looking by slowly buying the latest models of kitchen appliances. While this can be quite expensive, you can do it without breaking your bank by slowly adding one new appliance after the other only when you have spare cash.
There are also various ways to make your appliances look new. Try to polish them or if possible repaint them. A little cleaning here and there will definitely go a long way. Even if your appliances are old, they will look brand new with the right usage and regular cleaning.
• Change your kitchen cabinet handles and knobs. Handles look grubby and dull with prolonged use so it is normal to change them once in a while. Choose metallic handles and designs so they are easy to clean. And they look modern too.
• The simplest way to make your kitchen look brand new is by repainting its walls as well as its cabinets. You can opt for a bold color (just like many modern kitchens) or go for a classic style. You can also mix monotones and add bold colors as accents.
• Change your sink. There are a lot of modern sink designs that will perfectly go well with the rest of the changes you wanted for your kitchen. Also, the sink can get dirty and dull with prolonged use, it is just fitting to update or change it after some time.
• If you are on a tight budget but still wanted to make a distinct change in your kitchen, don’t miss the floor. Updating your kitchen floor will hugely make a noticeable change. You can opt for wood like timber as it is durable and can easily be styled. You can go for granite too.
Bathroom Remodeling Ideas
While many people favor the kitchen as their favorite area of the house, the bathroom is a necessity for every member of the household. Some people start their day by a visit to the bathroom so it is just fitting to make it a place that can somehow give you a good start. It must always be clean-looking and smelling as well as clutter-free. Below are bathroom remodeling ideas to prevent the water damage Miami that will make your bathroom the best place to start your day.
• For small bathroom spaces, making use of white tiles on the walls and floor will instantly make the area look wider. You can use decorative tiles that you can accent on vanities, sink as well as wall borders.
• A fresh coat of paint on vanities as well as its door handles (a different color on door handles of course) will instantly create a big difference in your bathroom.
• Update your vanity top. Marbles and granites are commonly used for vanity tops.
• Experiment with eye-popping colors and designs for your bathroom wall and floor tiles if you already had enough of a boring and bland design.
• Opt for soft colors of green, blue, grey and orange for a classic looking bathroom with a crisp twist.
• Update or change your shower heads as well as bathroom lights. They may already be grubby enough; they are very difficult to clean.
Living Room Remodeling Ideas
The living room is another important area of the house. This is where families share stories or play board games during a boring, cold, winter day. Friends and guests are also accepted and entertained in this particular place in the house. It must make a statement and the following living room remodeling ideas might help you achieve such goal.
• You can choose bold colors of red, pink or blue for your living room. If you want to tame it a little bit, you can add accents of white on your throw pillows, flower vases or your center table.
• Keep the living room airy and spacious. You can do this by installing large glass windows or having light, see-through curtains to allow light to pass through.
• Keep the living room entertaining. Add family photos guests can look at. These are great conversation starters. Paintings on your wall are a good distraction too.
Fireplace Remodeling Ideas
The fireplace is not necessarily another room or space in the house but a part of the living room. It is also a focal point of a room most often. It can be quite a turn-off if your fireplace looks ugly and unkempt even when the rest of the house is at its best. Below are some of the best remodeling ideas you can apply to make your fireplace pop.
• Upgrade to molded concrete when your fireplace is not made of such material. It will make your fireplace more solid and stylish as you can also paint them or add in decorative ceramic tiles.
• Convert to gas. If you are still using a wood-burning fireplace, it is high time to change to gas. It will require less maintenance and you don’t have to deal with ash.
• The top of your fireplace provides a good space for family photos and other decorations. Don’t stop yourself. Decorate away.